Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Open to Possibilities

Being Open to possibilities...that's how I'm feeling right now (and what is painted on the door of my Art Studio).  I'm starting this blog is to share moments of my life, art and the creative projects my family and I enjoy.  I'll also be opening an etsy shop soon, which I am so excited about. 


 

Over the next few weeks, I'll be posting more original artwork and content.  Please check out my personalized paintings for kids by clicking on the tab at the top of this page or click here.  I'll also be opening the door of my studio and home to give glimpses into my life as an artist and mom. 


In the meantime--to celebrate how good  if feels to open up and put doubts aside--check out this short 14 second video of an evening primrose blooming.  You can actually see it bloom in real time (this is not sped up).  These beauties bloom--or I should say burst open--at dusk in June and July. 

They are magical. 




I think everybody can relate to what it must feel like to be an evening primrose. You know those moments when you are just bursting with joy or something you just can't wait to share with the world?  To shout from the mountaintops? To go on Oprah and jump up and down on the couch about?


We all have those moments, and I'm hoping these new endeavors in my life as a blogger and artist bring more bursting-evening-primrose-feelings to me and whoever reads these posts.

Cheers to the wonder and magic that surrounds us every day! 


PS--I hope you'll check in with me on my blog often.  If you'd like to be notified when a new post is made and when I am having ART GIVEAWAYS and special discounts, please sign up for my Facebook Business Page or sign up to be a "follower" of my blog. Thanks!