Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My First Public Art Showing...The Bowen Center

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am in LOVE with all things BIRTH. 
I have had lifechanging, wonderful births that have made me feel more connected with my sense of spirituality and magic than any other moments of my life. 



I used to be a labor doula as well because I wanted each woman
 to have a positive birth experience!

So, it only seems fitting that my first public art showing (that is if I have time to make any) will at the Bowen Center for Women's Health. 
 I've finally finished a few pieces that I've shown bits and pieces of in progress over the last couple of weeks.

Part of Tree of Life 16 x 20 Original Painting

I'm very excited to get my work out there!  And thanks to my two-time doula and friend, Jamison, who works there, my art with hopefully be inspiring and empowering pregnant women who visit their center. 
(Oops.  that's what my face is expressing after i accidentally had nora at home in a labor tub.
 jamison, the proud doula who saved the day, looks on!)

  Jamison and I have had the best time during the labors and births of my last two children.  We talk and hang out and just totally are in sync

Having a doula was hands down the best decision I ever made to prepare for birth!  It is a totally different experience when you have one! 

If you live in Cincinnati, the Bowen Center is having an open house on September 30th from 6 to 9pm. The address is 11317 Springfield Pike.  Cincinnati, OH. 45246.


Mountain Girl 12 x 12 Mixed Media Original

PS--I finally finished my sister's painting with a quote from the book, She. 

I've decided that I'm going to do a series of paintings based on quotes from that book and hopefully hang some in the Bowen Center.


PPS--Big, Big News to Share Next Tuesday! 
Hope you'll stop back to share some major excitement with us!